Introduction | Create a Blazor CRM application with Radzen Blazor Studio
In this tutorial you will learn how to create a complete Blazor application with Radzen Blazor Studio.
The application is a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) with the following features:
- Support users of two roles - Sales Representative and Sales Manager.
- Contact management - add, search and update contacts.
- Opportunity management - create opportunities for existing contacts and change their status.
- Task management - create and edit tasks (phone call, meeting etc.) associated with opportunities.
- Display data-driven company performance metrics in a dashboard.
To create the application you need:
- A working Radzen Blazor Studio installation.
- A running Microsoft SQL Server instance (the free Express version will suffice).
- SQL Server Management Studio (or some other tool that supports database table design).
- Understanding of C# and Entity Framework core (to create the custom DB queries needed by the dashboard).
The application relies on the following Radzen Blazor Studio features:
- CRUD page scaffolding from a database to automatically generate most of the application.
- Security to support user management, login and roles.
- WYSIWYG Design-time to customize the application visually.
- Custom methods to get real-time performance metrics via database queries.
The application is created in the following steps:
- Database Shows how to create the database, enable security and set up relationships.
- Customize security Allow the users to upload their picture and set their first and last name, assign page permissions.
- Customize CRUD pages Apply various visual customizations, implement contact search.
- Create dashboard Create a dashboard page that uses charts, data grids and cards to display some vital performance metrics. Query the database with custom code to get the required data.
- Finishing touches Customize the login screen, display the picture of the logged in user, customize the navigation menu.