Radzen supports Windows authentication and authorization.
- Radzen application users are automatically logged in with their Windows credentials.
- Radzen application developers can implement authorization via Windows groups.
Windows authentication support is enabled only on Windows machines.
Enable Windows security
To enable Windows securityDirectory support in Radzen follow these steps.
- Click the security link at the top right corner (next to data).
- Select Windows from the provider dropdown. Remember this option will be available only when running Radzen on a Windows machine.
- Click the Save button.
Specify the access of a page
When security is enabled Radzen will allow you to specify which users can access a page. If a user doesn’t have access to certain page it will not appear in the application navigation. If the user enters that page URL manually in the browser he or she will see a generated unauthorized page.
- Click the edit button of any page.
- Go to Properties.
- Clear the Access dropdown.
- Add a new custom group. Type the name of the Windows group in the textbox and save.
- Click Save to persist the page access settings.
Adding roles and users
Adding roles and users from the Radzen application isn’t supported when using Windows security. Roles and users are added via the Windows management settings.