Radzen can connect and create automatically CRUD pages from OData V3 and V4 services.
How to build the application
- Step 1: Create and configure the application
- Step 2: Add the OData data source
- Step 3: Automatically generate CRUD pages
Create a new Radzen application by following the first step from the quickstart guide.
In this step we create a data source that connects to a OData services.
- Open the application that you created in the previous step for editing.
- Click data to go to the My DataSources screen.
- Click new to add a new data source.
- Select OData as data source type.
- Pick a Name for your data source.
- Enter the OData service info.
- Click Next.
- Radzen will connect to the service and infer all entities. By default all entities are checked and you can choose/uncheck entities and/or entities properties needed for your application.
- Check the Generate pages for CRUD operations check-box.
- Radzen will open Edit and Add pages by default in dialogs. Uncheck the check-box if you want to have navigation instead.
- Click Finish.
You can now run the application to verify that you have full CRUD support.
To see the application in action please visit Radzen Demos.
Optionally you can data-bind a data grid component manually
- Drag-and-drop a data grid component from the toolbox.
- Use Data property wizard to select data source for the DataGrid.
- Build and run the application.
Radzen can parse Function, Action, Singleton and Containment from OData metadata
Bound functions, actions and containment will be added automatically together with their parent entities and unbound functions, actions and singletons will be listed.